Jul 6, 2020
By Teri Shore
Sonoma County voted by 81% for Measure K in 2016 to protect Community Separators, the green spaces between our towns and cities.
Now the community separators will be put to the test by a proposed luxury resort and event center in the voter-protected community center in the burned area on the edge of Santa Rosa’s voter-approved Urban Growth Boundary.
Stand up for protected community separator greenbelts and help us stop the luxury resort and event center or put it to a vote of the people to decide!
• Violates voter-protected Windsor-Larkfield-Santa Rosa Community Separator next to Cloverleaf Ranch at Buzzard’s Gulch, renamed Sonoma Solstice by the developer.
• Right on the outside edge of Santa Rosa’s Urban Growth Boundary where development is supposed to end.
• Will put more people in harm’s way in high wildfire risk burned area near Fountaingrove.
• Next door to Cloverleaf Ranch summer camp for youth that is struggling to rebuild after fires and COVID shutdown!
• Change of use from summer camp to luxury resort and event center with hundreds of weddings and high-end events with drinking, dining, and music all year until late at night in quiet area.
• A dozen luxury 1, 2- and 3-bedroom wine country party houses on land zoned for Rural and Resources Development and a summer camp.
• Threat to Piner Creek, groundwater, mature oaks, air, and climate with increased pollution.
• More low-paying tourist-serving jobs that will exacerbate the housing crisis.
It undermines longstanding open space protections and the will of the voters!
The resort needs to be denied, delayed or sent to a vote of the people.
The county is accepting public comments on the proposal and environmental review until Tuesday. A public hearing before the Board of Zoning Adjustments is tentatively set for 1 p.m. Thursday for a vote on the environmental review and the project. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org .
July 9, 2020 at 1:00 PM Virtual Meeting
The July 9, 2020 Board of Zoning Adjustments meeting will be facilitated virtually through Zoom.
In accordance with Executive Orders N-25-20 and N-29-20 the July 9, 2020 Board of Zoning
Adjustments hearing will be held virtually.
Members of the public may not attend this meeting in person.
Join the Zoom meeting application on your computer, tablet or smartphone:
Call-in and listen to the meeting:
Dial +1 (669) 900-9128
Enter meeting ID: 981 3648 7196
Enter password: 995314
Public Comment Using Zoom: Members of the public who join the Zoom meeting, either through the Zoom app or by calling in, will be able to provide live public comment at specific points throughout the meeting.
Disabled Accommodation: If you have a disability which requires an accommodation or an alternative format to assist you in observing and commenting on this meeting, please contact Arielle Wright at (707) 565-1947 or by email email@example.com by 12pm Wednesday, July 8 to ensure arrangements for accommodation.
The rules for public observation and comment supersede and replace the standard rovisions (below) for the duration of the public health emergency.
Please support our sponsors:
Tune into KRCB any time - CLICK HERE to download the Live Streaming app
Approximately 95% of all wildfires in California are caused by human activity. CLICK HERE to learn more
LOCAL GUIDE to Cannabis Dispensaries and Delivery Services, Sonoma County & Beyond.All dispensaries have verified their information.