Jan 7, 2020
by Lynda Hopkins, 5th District Supervisor - Sonoma County
Learn about plans to move campers off the Joe Rodota Trail by the end of the month, and share your questions, concerns, and ideas. We will share the results of the EOC planning process, and offer a timeline for what residents can expect, and when they can expect it.
The Sonoma County Board of Supervisors and Department of Emergency Management staff have taken the unprecedented step of utilizing the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and an incident command protocol in order to quickly, effectively analyze alternative outdoor shelter locations and plan logistics for the emergency shelter implementation and encampment closure.
What this means: The County of Sonoma’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is in full swing, and today we had staff liaisons present from the City of Santa Rosa as well. This is enabling us to mobilize the massive effort needed to offer services and solutions to the 200+ camp residents and to move forward with clearing the camp and reopening the Joe Rodota Trail.
• This EOC is developing proposals for the Board to consider, including aplan to move occupants from the Joe Rodota Trail (trail) and develop a temporary shelter by January 31, 2020.
• The intent of the EOC is to address the immediate health and safety concerns and return the trail to its intended use.
• If the Board moves forward with this approach, resources and services will be available at the temporary shelter that support the health and wellbeing of individuals.
• The work of the EOC is occurring parallel to the work staff is doing to address the long term solutions with regard to shared housing, master leasing, indoor-outdoor shelters and support services.
• The IMDT intensive care coordination on the JRT is scheduled to begin on Wednesday January 8, 2020.
• The IMDT has a comprehensive plan for outreach and engagement and housing placement.
• The ACCESS IMDT addresses the behavioral health, medical, and social service needs of this population through coordinated care.
• RFQ released on January 7, 2020. RFP is now an RFQ for a quicker timeline and ability to partner with landlords with available units.
• We are moving quickly to get individuals placed into housing.
• RFP released on January 7, 2020.
• A community stakeholder engagement meeting for specific design elements of the indoor-outdoor shelter sites occurred January 3, 2020 at the Veteran’s Hall in Santa Rosa from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• A number of design needs and solutions were discussed and staff will incorporate this feedback in its request for proposals (RFQ).
• The meeting was well received by those who participated and included homeless services providers, advocates, occupants from the trail, and community members.
• The RFP process parallel processes to allow those who are ready to submit to do, while we evaluate other proposals.
Conozca los planes para sacar a los campistas del sendero a fin de mes,
y comparta sus preguntas, preocupaciones, e ideas.
Please support our sponsors:
LOCAL GUIDE to Cannabis Dispensaries and Delivery Services, Sonoma County & Beyond.All dispensaries have verified their information.
Sonoma County Bike Shops and Groups. Find LOCALLY-OWNED Bicycle Shops for NEW, Used and Rental Bicycles as well as REPAIR. Look for a bike-riding group that suits your needs and style.
Find Goldsmiths and Jewelers who create custom designs, offer jewelry repair, estate appraisals, and gems.