Jul 1, 2019
As Independence Day approaches, the County of Sonoma Fire Prevention division would like to remind residents and visitors that all fireworks are illegal in unincorporated Sonoma County.
“Our dry summer landscape creates a greater potential for fires caused by fireworks,” said Sonoma County Fire Marshal, Chief James Williams. “We encourage people to go see fireworks at events put on by professionals so you can have fun without putting others at risk.”
Local calendars, as of 6/20/19, list the following public firework events in Sonoma County:
· 7/3-SebastopolFireworks and Music Extravaganza INFO: Tickets $5-10, starts at 5:30p, live music, food, fun @ Analy High School football field,6950 Analy Ave. https://sebastopolcalendar.com/event/3rd-of-july-fireworks-extravaganza-music-festival/
· 7/4 -Bodega Bay 4th of July Maritime Celebration INFO: FREE, celebrations start at 8 am throughtout Bodega Bay, craft fair starts a noon in Bodega Harbor - boat parade at 3:30,https://www.visitbodegabayca.com/4th-of-july
· 7/4 -Healdsburg’s 4th of JulyINFO: 9 p @Healdsburg High School, 1024 Prince Ave. Starts with FREE celebration at 10 a - downtown Healdsburg Plaza at Matheson and Healdsburg Ave. (https://cm.healdsburg.com/events/details/july-4th-community-celebration-9228)
· 7/4 -Kenwood 4th of July celebrations start 7am with a pancake breakfast at theKenwood Community Church. Parade starts at 10:30 a Kenwood Plaza Park. and Kive Music 11:30 a INFO: http://www.kenwoodparade.org/
· 7/4 -Petaluma 4th of July Celebration INFO: 7-11p live music, food, kids activities. Gates open at 5p @Sonoma Marin Fairgrounds & Event Center, 175 Fairgrounds Dr. https://www.visitpetaluma.com/event/4th-of-july-fireworks-festival/
· 7/4-Rohnert Park4th of July Fireworks Spectacular at Green Music Center INFO: Transcendence Theater with Santa Rosa Symphony. Ticket $25 + lawn tickets half price - all ages. 7:30 p @ 1801 E. Cotati Ave, https://gmc.sonoma.edu/4th-of-july-fireworks-spectacular/
· 7/4 -Sonoma Rocket Out of this World, Sonoma Plaza INFO: Parade starts at 10 a, food, fun, activities all day, fireworks at 10p, Sonoma Plaza,453 1st St East https://www.sonomavolunteerfirefighters.org/fourth-of-july/
· 7/5 & 6 -Monte Rio Independence Day Celebrations INFO: Starts with Big Rocky Games 12-4p on Friday the 5th. boat parade, water curtain, and fireworks starts at dusk, Saturday the 5th BBQ at the firehouse 12-5p (fireworks is a dog-free event!)Monte Rio Beach, 20400 Bohemian Hwy https://www.mrrpd.org/events.html
Every year, people are seriously injured, property is damaged, and the risk of fires increases due to the illegal use of fireworks. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), fireworks start an average of 18,500 fires per year, including 1,300 structure fires, 300 vehicle fires, and nearly 17,000 other fires. Additionally, in 2017, U.S. hospital emergency rooms treated an estimated 12,900 people for fireworks related injuries.
If you are in an area that allows fireworks, please follow CAL FIRE’s guidelines to help prevent wildfires caused from fireworks by taking the following actions:
· Use only State Fire Marshal approved fireworks
· Never use near dry grass or other flammable materials.
· Have a bucket of water, sand or garden hose available at firing site
For more information on the County of Sonoma’s Fire Prevention work, please visit .
Please support our sponsors:
CLICK on this AD to learn about JOBS for Census 2020.
Earn extra income while helping your community.
LOCAL GUIDE to Cannabis Dispensaries and Delivery Services, Sonoma County & Beyond.All dispensaries have verified their information.
Your GUIDE to support locally-owned garden businesses and natural landscaping practices.